Does the online version of OA LodgeMaster run on my computer?
OA LodgeMaster provides cross platform access to your lodge data wherever you have an internet connection. For the best results we recommend using the latest version of one of the following web browsers, which are all available for free:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer (Windows) (Windows 10 note: Edge (the default browser in Windows 10) does not work with Silverlight, you must use IE)
- Mozilla Firefox ESR (Windows, Mac OS X) (note: the consumer release of Firefox does not work with Silverlight, you must use the ESR version)
- Safari (Mac OS X)
Does the offline version of OA LodgeMaster run on my computer?
In order to run the offline version of OA LodgeMaster your computer must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Intel© 32-bit or 64-bit 1.6 GHz or faster processor.
- Microsoft© Windows XP Service Pack 2, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 10.
- 512MB of RAM or greater.
- 200MB of available hard-disk space, plus space required for data.
- 1024x768 or higher-resolution monitor.
- Broadband Internet access (for first install and when syncing)
Can I use OA LodgeMaster on a Macintosh computer?
The online version of OA LodgeMaster is available to Macintosh users with the current version of their favorite web browser. The offline version of OA LodgeMaster is PC-based software - Macintosh users need to use a program such as VMware Fusion, Parallels, or VirtualBox to run the offline version.
Do I need an Internet connection to run OA LodgeMaster?
An internet connection is required to use OA LodgeMaster. Data is synchronized with the OA LodgeMaster servers so that you can take advantage of the online features. Users can still use the offline version of OA LodgeMaster if they are disconnected from the Internet. For example, a lodge may want to bring a laptop with OA LodgeMaster to an event such as an ordeal, and use the ordeal management features throughout the event. A user can make changes to the database while at the event (not connected to the Internet), and then once an Internet connection is re-established, all of the new data is automatically synchronized to the online database.
How fast of a connection do I need?
A broadband connection (such as DSL or Cable) is not required, but the faster your connection, the better.