To get started using OA LodgeMaster, a lodge goes through the following process:
- Appoint an OA LodgeMaster Lodge Administrator. Submit an letter to the national office, which must be signed by your council's Scout Executive (or his designee). This letter authorizes an individual in your lodge to manage OA LodgeMaster users in your lodge. This person is responsible for handing out user names and passwords to new lodge users. It is also the person that the OA LodgeMaster Staff will make contact with when we have completed setup of your lodge database. Typically, this will be an adult like the Lodge Membership or Administrative Adviser. Once appointed, OA LodgeMaster Staff will confirm the appointment by contacting the lodge staff adviser by phone and verifying the information.
- Wait for the OA LodgeMaster Staff to contact the Lodge Administrator. In an effort to keep migration wait times as short as possible, we coordinate lodge migrations in sets. As each set is completed, we contact the next set of lodges who have submitted their Lodge Admin letters. When we're ready to convert your data, we'll contact you. To see the current status for your lodge, click here.
- Convert your existing database. The OA LodgeMaster Staff provides free conversion of your existing lodge database. If you would prefer, you can also request that we create a blank database for your lodge instead of migrating your existing data. You can then use the Import feature of OA LodgeMaster to import your data on your own.
- Login to OA LodgeMaster. After your lodge database has been setup, our staff will contact the Lodge Admin with login information for accessing OA LodgeMaster.
- Install the offline version of OA LodgeMaster (optional). Download the offline version by clicking the 'Download Offline Version' button after logging in online. The graphical installer is just like other installations in Windows. You'll need your Lodge Access Code to complete the installation, which is available on the download page. The Lodge Access Code, which must be copied from the download window and pasted into the setup program's Setup Wizard, contains a special code that gives you access to your lodge's database on the OA LodgeMaster servers. Once you finish the Setup Wizard, you'll be ready to use OA LodgeMaster!
- Setup your users. You can create new users with the 'User Accounts' tool within OA LodgeMaster. Once setup, provide each user with their user name and password. This will allow them to immediately access OA LodgeMaster.
- Join the mailing lists. Lodge Administrators will automatically be added to our mailing list (firstname.lastname@example.org), but other users in your lodge may want to be added as well.
- Get help if you need it. If you need help, visit the OA LodgeMaster support center, to view documentation, chat with users in the forums, or support support requests.